Structure, organisations and key people
Cancer Australia was established in 2006 to provide national leadership in cancer control and to help reduce the impact of cancer in the community.
It has been established to:
- coordinate and liaise between the wide range of organisations, groups and service providers with an interest in cancer care and support;
- guide improvements to cancer prevention and care;
- ensure treatments are based on the best available evidence;
- make recommendations to the Australian Government about cancer policy and priorities;
- work with the research community to develop and fund research programs to improve cancer care; and
- help implement Australian Government policies and programs in cancer control.
Last Reviewed: 22 March 2013. Report an error